Through the Gate
- The gates themselves are made from some material that resists all forms of harm. Not even a nuclear explosion was sufficient to damage one.
- Due to some kind of interference that the gates put out, all electronic technology within 20 ft of the gate fails to work. Tests have shown that this interference is not electrical or magnetic in nature.
- Passage through the gates once completely heals one’s body of all ailments, fixes genetic defects, reverts a person’s body to that of an 18 year old, and changes one’s sex.
- For the vast majority of people, passing through the gates a second time causes a person to disappear. Where these people disappear to, and why, is currently unknown.
- Those who manage to pass through two or more times, called Seconders, display unusual abilities, including telepathic and empathic powers, and possibly other talents that vary by individual.
- People that come out of a gate are invariably healthy, and seem to stay that way for a long time (in game terms, they gain the Aspect, Disease Resistant (Endurance))
- The chances of a person safely passing through a gate diminishes if they have one or more of the following traits:
- Extreme age (60+ years old)
- Severe injuries (terminal cancer, near-fatal injuries caused by violent trauma, etc)
- Psychotic tendencies (clinical psychoses not caused by a known physical cause or chemical imbalance)